Re: [MacPerl] Porting a Perl Program

>|I am then hoping to write these values into a Filemaker DB on a Mac
>|webserver running WebStar, Tango and Filemaker 3.0   Does any1 know how to
>|do this??
>
>I don't know much about Tango, but you could use AppleEvents to have a CGI
>running under WebStar talk to FileMaker Pro. Check out issue 8 of The
>Perl Journal (the lastest issue, I think).
>
>Brian

Brian,

I am having trouble getting hold of a copy of the PERL journal in this
country.  Can you suggest a place to go??

Also, could you please expand on the idea of using AppleEvents or some kind
of AppleScript.  Basically all I have is a load of text words which MacPerl
is generating, that I want to shove into the FileMaker DB.

BTW:  Thanks for the other code suggestions - worked first time with zero
tweaking (the sign of a true master ;-)

Cheers,

Shyam.