[MacPerl] File Problems

Hi again,

Thanks for all the help in the past but now I need some more . . .

The script I am writing is supposed to take input from a web form and
create a new html page by adding it's own headers and footers.  I worked
out the basics on my own system and am now trying to put it on my web
space.  This is where I am having problems.  Perl says that the syntax
is OK but I am getting a server error when I try to use it.  The lovely
tech boffins at Demon have told me that there is a compilation error in
the script at this line,

  open (STDOUT, ">$filename") or die "Can't open $filename for output
because $!\n";

I am trying to create a new file here, I later write to it then close
it.  On my own system this works but not on the server.

If anybody can help I would really appreciate it . . .
--
Adam Reynolds.                   ||If sitting in a plane is flying
Multimedia Engineer.             ||then sitting in a boat is swimming,
Tel: (01223) 301103              ||Adam.Reynolds@syphax.co.uk
Fax: (01223) 300977              ||www.syphax.co.uk