Re: [MacPerl] File Problems

At 07.23 98.01.16, Adam Reynolds wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>Thanks for all the help in the past but now I need some more . . .
>
>The script I am writing is supposed to take input from a web form and
>create a new html page by adding it's own headers and footers.  I worked
>out the basics on my own system and am now trying to put it on my web
>space.  This is where I am having problems.  Perl says that the syntax
>is OK but I am getting a server error when I try to use it.  The lovely
>tech boffins at Demon have told me that there is a compilation error in
>the script at this line,
>
>  open (STDOUT, ">$filename") or die "Can't open $filename for output
>because $!\n";
>
>I am trying to create a new file here, I later write to it then close
>it.  On my own system this works but not on the server.
>
>If anybody can help I would really appreciate it . . .

Hm.  It would help immensely if we knew what $! printed.  :-)  My guess is
that either you have permission problems, or $filename is tainted or bad in
some other way.

But this is not really a MacPerl problem, and not appropriate to this list.
It seems you are even running this on a Unix system.  Hope this helps,

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])