[MacPerl] Changes at my MacPerl site next week

This is just a heads up advance warning of changes that will occur at my
MacPerl ftp site, <ftp://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/MacPerl>, next week. mors
will be going off line, perhaps as early as the EST evening of January 28,
but certainly on January 29, when it will be physically moved to my new
office. At that point, expect significant downtime. mors will also be
getting a new IP address, so you can expect connectivity problems
afterwards until the name servers get updated.

I will also be removing all Perl 4 related software from mors. I no longer
use any of it, and neither should you, since there are superior Perl 5
solutions available. I see many downloads of MacPerl 4 and libwww-perl-4
in my logs still, and I can't believe that most of them are for people
that actually need them. Those few people who still do need MacPerl 4 can
find it on Matthias' site.

mors is going to become the machine I use interactively during the day
(retiring leprss from that role), so I may put additional restrictions on
the number of people who can ftp in during the day, and I will probably
shut down the gopher server entirely. Those having trouble getting in can
find everything at Matthias' mirror,
<ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/software/platform/macos/perl/scripts/contrib
/schinder/>.

I may, in fact, move the whole site to my primary ISP, which now gives me
enough room to keep it all. If that happens, it will happen in a week or
so.

-------
Paul J. Schinder
schinder@pobox.com