[MacPerl] New to Perl on Mac

Hello, I have some simple MacPerl questions:

1) I haven't been able to get the current date/time within a variable in
MacPerl. On UNIX, I used the date command: '$CURRENTDATE=`date
+%y/%m/%d`;'. How is it done on the Mac?

2) Can an html web page include the contents of a MacPerl script's output?
Example:
Say I have an html doc that displays a title, menu and a footer. In the
html doc (between the menu and footer lines) can I stick in a command
like 'include myscript.pl'? (I realize that would not be the syntax)
Again, I want the output of the script, not the script itself.

3) Similarly, the ability to execute a MacPerl script from an html page
would be nice. Can it be done?

4) Is there a way that I can test my scripts within Netscape on my local
(Mac) machine, without having to upload them to a server and accessing
them from the internet? I'd like to test them on my Mac through Netscape
as they would be seen to the public from a server over the internet. Is
this not possible without server software on my Mac?

Thanks for any help.

Steve Lee Kelsch                                  stevek@infosynth.com
Digital Media Director                                    503/685-1720