Re: [MacPerl] Retaining File Type with -i option

At 01.28 98.01.25, WAMerrill wrote:
>I created a MacPerl Droplet application to edit multiple files at once using
>the -i option.  The files start out as BBEdit Lite file types but are written
>back out as MPW file types.  The edits I am doing are successful, however, I
>would like the files to remain as file type BBEdit Lite.  I assume that
>MacPerl uses MPW as a default file type, but I cannot seem to find where to
>change that setting.  I also tried using setfileinfo, but am having trouble
>using it with the -i option.  Maybe someone could set me on the right track.

I have not played with using [GS]etFileInfo with -i, but you can change the
default text creator in MacPerl's GU·I resource number 10240 (that is G - U
- capital sigma - I).  This is detailed (well, no more detial than I put
here :) in one of the advanced topic chapters of the book.

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])