[MacPerl] Retaining File Type with -i option

Hello,

I would appreciate any help on the following:

I created a MacPerl Droplet application to edit multiple files at once using
the -i option.  The files start out as BBEdit Lite file types but are written
back out as MPW file types.  The edits I am doing are successful, however, I
would like the files to remain as file type BBEdit Lite.  I assume that
MacPerl uses MPW as a default file type, but I cannot seem to find where to
change that setting.  I also tried using setfileinfo, but am having trouble
using it with the -i option.  Maybe someone could set me on the right track.

Thanks a bunch!

Regards,
Will Merrill
WAMerrill@aol.com