Re: [MacPerl] Can't even debug?

At 2:20 PM 1/25/98, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:41:22 -0600, Wade Williams wrote:
>>
>>Anyone ever run into a situation where they couldn't even debug a script?
>>
>>I have a script that was working fine yesterday. I make a few changes to
>it, and today I can't get it to run at all.
>>
>>I've backed out all the changes, but it's still no go. When I try to
>debug, I get:
>>
>>----
>>Emacs support available.
>>
>>Enter h or `h h' for help.
>>
>>DB::fake::(Wade'sWorld:Development:MacPerl Ä:lib:perl5db.pl:2061):
>>2061: "Debugged program terminated. Use `q' to quit or `R' to restart.";

I had pretty much the same thing happen. No, alas, I don't remember exactly
what the problem was, but it was something simple. I think it may have been
an error inside an required file, so if you have one of those try making a
simple program that includes it to try to replicate. I can almost guarantee
that you haven't backed out *all* the changes, so another approach is to
start cutting out large chunks and see what makes the problem go away.