Re: [MacPerl] Can't even debug?

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:41:22 -0600, Wade Williams wrote:

>Anyone ever run into a situation where they couldn't even debug a script?
>
>I have a script that was working fine yesterday. I make a few changes to
it, and today I can't get it to run at all.

>I've backed out all the changes, but it's still no go. When I try to
debug, I get:

>----
>Emacs support available.
>
>Enter h or `h h' for help.
>
>DB::fake::(Wade'sWorld:Development:MacPerl Ä:lib:perl5db.pl:2061):
>2061: "Debugged program terminated. Use `q' to quit or `R' to restart.";
>
>-----
>
>and that's it. No error messages, nothing. It passes a syntax check fine
and no messages are generated with -w. (Though I suspect there should be
some, so I'm not sure it's even getting that far)

>Anyone have a clue as to what this could be? I'd be happy to send the
script to anyone that's willing to poke at it.

When weird stuff like this happens under MacOS, my first thought is to run
Dr.Norton, although these days Apple's Disk FirstAid does just as well My
second act would be to make sure that all the libraries thnt the script
might be using are still there. I've seen this message before when I've
forgotten to set breakpoints, and it simply means that Perl thinks the
script has finished. So the third thing to do is to look at the script
again and try to figure out why Perl might think that.

>Wade
> Wade Williams                      "Put your message in a modem
> Systems Engineer, CCIE #3373        and throw it in the Cyber Sea."
> Cisco Systems, Inc.                     - N. Peart
> Brentwood, TN
> 615-221-2918
> wwilliam@cisco.com

-------