Re: [MacPerl] Can't even debug?

At 12.41 98.01.25, Wade Williams wrote:
>Anyone ever run into a situation where they couldn't even debug a script?
>
>I have a script that was working fine yesterday.  I make a few changes to it,
>and today I can't get it to run at all.
>
>I've backed out all the changes, but it's still no go.  When I try to debug, I
>get:
>
>----
>Emacs support available.
>
>Enter h or `h h' for help.
>
>DB::fake::(Wade'sWorld:Development:MacPerl Ä:lib:perl5db.pl:2061):
>2061:     "Debugged program terminated.  Use `q' to quit or `R' to restart.";
>
>-----
>
>and that's it.  No error messages, nothing.  It passes a syntax check fine and
>no messages are generated with -w.  (Though I suspect there should be some, so
>I'm not sure it's even getting that far)
>
>Anyone have a clue as to what this could be?  I'd be happy to send the script
>to anyone that's willing to poke at it.

Wild guess: the linebreaks in the script are all Mac linebreaks?  You are
actually executing the script you think you are executing?

Remove all lines from the script.  Make the first line "print 'blah';".
Execute.

HTH,

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])