Re: [MacPerl] Testing a form page..

At 3:34 PM 98.01.27, Amitava Basu wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> Can anyone suggest if it is possible to view my form on my
> mac terminal without loading it on any web server on the
> internet.
>
> Thanks
> Amit

I think you can make use of the following method that Mr.Adam Schneider
suggested in his answer to the same kind of question:

At 5:59 PM 98.01.23, Adam Schneider wrote:
> On 01/23/98, Steve Lee Kelsch wrote:
> >4) Is there a way that I can test my scripts within Netscape on my local
> >(Mac) machine, without having to upload them to a server and accessing
> >them from the internet? I'd like to test them on my Mac through Netscape
> >as they would be seen to the public from a server over the internet. Is
> >this not possible without server software on my Mac?
>
> You do need Web server software, but you don't need to be dialed into the Net.
>
> If you have the latest OpenTransport, you can turn AppleTalk on and use the
> TCP/IP control panel to set up a configuration called "Local" (or some such)
> as follows:
> - Configure: "Using MacIP Manually"
> - MacIP server zone: "< current AppleTalk zone >"
> - IP address: "1.2.3.4" (or whatever you want!)
> - Everything else: blank
>
> You don't need any AppleTalk hardware to do this.  (Don't ask me how it
> works; I just copied the info from someone's page.)
>
> For server software, either use Apple's Personal Web Sharing (if you have OS
> 8) or download Quid Pro Quo for free from http://www.socialeng.com.  Save the
> Perl scripts as CGI's and you're ready to go!

I myself have been using this method to test my CGI scripts on my
"standalone" www environment, except that the server software is old
"MacHTTP". It does works.

Takashi Ikemi
Yokohama, Japan