Re: [MacPerl] Munging dates

At 2:42 PM +0000 1/12/98, Jon Warbrick wrote:
>  Time::ParseDate from a group of routines by Muir Sharnoff. Handles
>  UK dates, but returns seconds since 1 Jan 1970, rather than from
>  the normal Mac origin of 1 Jan 1907. I thought I could see how
>  to fix this, but the routines use integer arrithmatic and the 'fix'
>  seems to cause integer limits to be broken inside the code.

You can fix the value up by adding 2082844800 to the result; this is the
number of seconds between 1/1/1904 and 1/1/1970. You'll have to deal with
local time vs. GMT seperately.

 - Tim

Tim Dierks - timd@consensus.com - www.consensus.com
  Director of Engineering - Consensus Development
  Developer of SSL Plus: SSL 3.0 Integration Suite