[MacPerl] Droplets that handle arbitrary events?

I would like to write a MacPerl droplet that handles specific
AppleEvents and their parameters rather than just the standard odoc.

Eg, LetterRip -- a list server -- can be extended via AppleScript, and
such stand-alone AppleScript applets are communicated with using two
LetterRip-specific events:

	Çevent BassInitÈ

and

	Çevent BassPrePÈ (messageID)

in AppleScript parlance. The latter comes with a parameter.

Since I imagine it will be straightforward to send AppleEvents to
LetterRip and receive replies thanks to AppleEvents.pm, I'm mainly
concerned about receiving the right events from the outset.

Is this possible?

Stephan