[MacPerl] Hiding dialog box input?

I just got finished using MacPerl to write a single runtime application for
uploading mailbox files from Macs on our network to a Unix server.
This was a vast improvement over our previous method for doing it, which
involved three or four different applications tied together with the
AppleScript equivalent of duct tape. (Special thanks to the writer of that
droplet to automatically insert required modules as TEXT resources!)

One problem remains, though: for this runtime to be ready for company-wide
use, I have to make the input invisible or bulleted-out in my MacPerl::Ask
dialog requesting the user's password. Does anyone have any suggestions about
how I could accomplish this?

Thanks,
Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bierbach          <jerb@gene.com>
Microcomputer Services   Genentech, Inc.

"Day in, day out, day in, day out......"
               --Joy Division, "Digital"