[MacPerl] memory

Hi,

I have a script that reads in a text database containing a catalog of
items. I read it in and build a big hash of arrays where the $keys are
categories in the catalog, and the $value is a reference to an array of
arrays (one array per item in that category). I then take each category and
build html catalog pages from the data.

My problem is I run out of memory. I wondered if I could use reset or undef
to free up memory as I go along (and categories that I've dealt with become
redundant).

Can reset and undef free up memory?

TIA

Alex

LX Solutions: Web System Development and Programming
              HTML, JavaScript, Perl, Java, Visual Design

** Email: oops@cryogen.com         **
** Web:   http://www.wldcup.com/   **