Re: [MacPerl] Mac::Menus & MBarHeight

Robert Ward <r.ward@bangor.ac.uk> writes:
>It looks like the MacPerl library Mac::Menus (5.19r4) allows me to read the
>height of the menubar, but I don't see any way to change menubar height, or
>otherwise access something like LMSetMBarHeight().

Yeah, that would be in LowMem.h

>Is this a design decision?

No, not really (although I hope that you'll refrain from setting MenuBarHeight
to other values than 0 or the "natural value" for your system :-)

>Can values be set for other low memory global variables?

Not yet, but now you mention it, I could probably implement that rather
quickly[*] (Do you have a PPC system? I could send you a test release.)

>Are there likely to be any problems if I set menubar height
>within an XCMD?

No problems that you wouldn't get with other Mac applications (i.e., you better
have a good reason for changing the menubar height).

Matthias
[*] PS, I'd *love* to finish my QuickTime VR Interface, if only Apple would
    produce a CFM68K interface to QTVR (hint, hint!)

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_