Re: [MacPerl] PC file names

At 15.40 1998.02.13, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>According to Chris Nandor:
>> >
>> >Also, this really isn't a MacPerl question but more of a
>> >general question which would be better placed into the
>> >comp.sys.mac.misc area.  :-)
>>
>> No, it is a MacPerl question: why can MacPerl not read directory
>> information on a PC floppy?  Is there a way to do it?  I do not know.
>
>On my PPC at home I have read IBM PC floppies before using
>MacPerl.  True, he might be having a problem on his
>machine.  He might have a 68k system.  But he might also
>not have PC Exchange.

I have a PPC 604e/180, PC Exchange (without which I could not mount said PC
floppy), and I can directly access a file on the floppy with MacPerl (I
read its contents and print them out), but I cannot read the directory of
said floppy with MacPerl (opendir() does not fail, but readdir() returns
nothing).

Anyone know the answer to this?

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])