Re: [MacPerl] Three questions

I asked:

>(2) Can I put up a dialog window with no buttons and dismiss it myself
>from MacPerl? ... (3) Can I do the same thing as (2) but modify the
>text shown in the window now and then? ...

The responses were pretty unanimous that I should use Progress Bar and
Chris Nandor's MacPerl interface to it.  It does indeed appear that
combination will do what I want and will give me one solution.

Still, this is for a script that I will be installing on a number of
other machines.  I'd prefer to minimize the number of other pieces
besides MacPerl that I need to install, so I think I will look into
using the Mac::Windows/Mac::Dialogs modules.

Thanks to all for the responses.

--
Paul DuBois
paul@snake.net