[MacPerl] TEIdle()?

I'm building a dialog using Mac::Dialogs, and it has an edit text
item in it, among other things.  The dialog works, and I can get
back the text in the item when the user clicks the OK button.

However, I notice the caret doesn't blink in the edit text item.
In a C program, I would call TEIdle() in the event loop to make
this happen, but I don't find such a function in the MacPerl stuff
anywhere?  Am I overlooking it?  I notice that the caret blinks
properly in, e.g., MacPerl's Ask() function.

--
Paul DuBois
paul@snake.net