[MacPerl] MacPerl: Power and Ease - MPW Chapter

At 22:49 -0800 on 980223, Rich Morin wrote:
>   We have written half a dozen new chapters, completed and/or revised a
>   few others, and performed innumerable tweaks on the rest.
>     MPW Perl				ABC		revised

We would especially like a thorough review of the MPW chapter. (I'm not an
MPW expert and neither is Chris :-).

Please understand that this is not supposed to be a chapter _about_ MPW per
se, except in a general, overview sense (e.g. Chris is happy to have the
distinction between RETURN, ENTER, CMD-RETURN and the infamous
RETURN-DELETE-ENTER sequences described :-)

Rather, this is supposed to be a chapter on MPW _perl_: what makes the perl
tool different (better? weirder?) than the standalone MacPerl app; what
distinguishes MPW perl use from, say, Unix command-line perl use.

We'd like to hear from:
   new MPW users - Does the chapter help?
   less new MPW users - What do you wish someone had told you?  Is it here?
   old hands - Are we accurate?  Any tidbits you'd like passed along?

Thanks -

Vicki

      |\      _,,,---,,_    Vicki Brown - vlb@cfcl.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' P.O. Box 1269  San Bruno  CA  94066
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet? En... Beviel't?
                      Ever met a normal person? So... did you like it?