[MacPerl] Porting MacPerl to Unix

I am having a problem with taking a cgi script such as FormMail.pl and
putting it on a Unix machine.  I have asked the server my page is on for
all the right paths to the mail program and perl program and also
renames it to FormMail.cgi which they say is best.  Fine, I did all
that.  But the problem is , it's not working.  I know others out there
have ahd the same exact problem.  I saw one solution which said to save
it in a plain text format and upload that....I did that and it still
didnt work.

Can someone please shed some light on this matter?  I am not a
programmer by any means so can someone please write a conversion program
for this??? :-)

Help would be loved!!!

Buddy