Re: [MacPerl] icmp ping

According to the forthcoming _MacPerl: Power and Ease_ (networking chapter):
 "MacPerl has not implemented the ICMP protocol, used by the Unix ping
program. The Mac interface is incompatible to that of the Unix protocol; it
is possible to write an extension for MacPerl to add ICMP functionality, but
so far one does not exist."