Re: [MacPerl] LWP (anyone use it through a firewall?)

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 10:44:00PM -0400, Craig Muth wrote:
} Hello,
}
}     I hate to ask the same question twice, but I have read the LWP
} cookbook, and tried the example, but it doesn't work.  Has anyone out
} there successfully used LWP through a firewall?  I can get() a file from
} inside the firewall, but not outside.

Let's see the script, or at least the relevant piece of it.  "My
script doesn't work, can anyone help me?"  is always a poor way to
ask.

Plenty of people use LWP through firewalls, and there's nothing
MacPerl specific in that code.

}     My proxy settings are correct in "Internet Config" (I even tried to
} override them with get(http://proxy:port/www.foo.bar)) and I'm using the
} latest version of MacPerl.

Forget about Internet Config for the moment.  Can you set the
environment variables described in LWP::UserAgent (start up Shuck,
open :lib:LWP:UserAgent.pm) and make it work?

}
} Thanks a lot,
} Craig Muth
} ***** Want to unsubscribe from this list?