Re: [MacPerl] weak FAQ link

Hey folks.  I just pulled the MacPerl FAQ via email.  The email version is
newer than the one on the CPAN (2.4 vs. 2.2) but still 1996 (sept instead
of July) and is prefaced by the following note:

>Please note: the MacPerl FAQ stored here is old. I haven't been using
>MacPerl since December 1996, and no longer have contact with the FAQ
>authors.
>
>You should really get the most recent version from a CPAN site:
>    <URL:http://perl.com/CPAN/doc/FAQs/mac/MacPerlFAQ.html>
>That said, the version here (2.4) appears to be newer than the version
>on the CPAN site.
>
>Since the FAQ doesn't appear to be supported anymore, you should treat
>any information in it as possibly wrong.
>
>USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Has anyone else been working on a FAQ?  Anybody got any interest?

OK, I would volunteer but I just finished writing ~ 1/2 of a book on the
subject, and I'm a bit exhausted; besides, it's not really quite the same.

However, I thought I'd take this opportunity to plug the Faq-o-matic, which
is up at http://freebie.cfcl.com/macperl/depts/fom.html.  If you'all will
help me update it, I could take on the task of loading the 1996 v2.4 FAQ
data into the data base and then we could take it from there... (oh, yes,
my publisher says _after_ the CD-ROM goes to the pressing house later this
week :-)

What do you'all think?

      |\      _,,,---,,_    Vicki Brown - vlb@cfcl.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' P.O. Box 1269  San Bruno  CA  94066
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet? En... Beviel't?
                      Ever met a normal person? So... did you like it?