Re: [MacPerl] weak FAQ link

At 8:51 pm +0200 21.04.98, Xah Lee wrote:
> ... In MacSripting community, MacPerl is very quite and neglected.
>AppleScript and Frontier take over the show, in that order ...

Speaking of which, VersionTracker <http://www.versiontracker.com> describes
each new release with the words:

	" ... mainly used for creating cgi web based scripts ..."

which is distinctly uninspiring. It reminds me of the description of the
planet Earth as "mostly harmless" in the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
It certainly isn't going to cause a sudden flood of converts.

Assuming that a sudden flood of converts is what we want, would it make
sense to hint to VersionTracker that they should use something like:

	Macintosh implementation of powerful text-processing
	and system programming language.

in future? Or something along those lines, anyway. The word 'powerful' is
certainly more enticing than the rather offhand 'mainly' which somehow
manages to imply that while people may possibly be using MacPerl for other
stuff, whatever it is isn't very exciting.

angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

     "... the English character has always been the same. They act
      first and, if still alive, think afterwards. The procedure
      has had marvellous results, but it does not always come off."
      ["Siamese White", Maurice Collis]