Re: [MacPerl] weak FAQ link

George Michel wrote:

> was surprised that the info link sent me to a
> FAQ that was last updated in July of '96.

One of the best ways to get the word out about Macperl is if everyone on
the list took time periodically to write POLITE letters to web site
maintainers when they found an outdated link, or ommited info. Remember,
Froniter and AS have commercial backers.) I've written to the
www.perl.com folks several times with updated link info, or other items
that would be of interest to MacPerl users (archives, editors). I've
also submitted MP info to other sites that post 'programming' info.
Almost always the info gets posted within a few days, except on
www.perl.com where it happens within a few hours!

The sys admin at one of my ISPs was quite pleasantly surprised when I
wrote about using perl on the Mac.

So if you see an ommsion somewhere, write the appropriate party about
it. But please be polite, Mac users have a bad reputation of being a tad
over-zealous, which does not help our cause. (Whether or not Guy
Kawasaki helps or hinders the situation is another debate. :-)
David Turley
dturley@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~dturley

"As I have always held it a crime to anticipate evils I will believe
it a good comfortable road until I am compelled to believe differently."

--Meriwether Lewis, upon viewing the Rocky Mountains for the first time,
  May 26, 1805