Re: [MacPerl] convert Capture AE to MacPerl Apple Event

At 3:37 PM -0400 on 4/22/98, Eric Dobbs supposedly said:

>I've been trying to learn something about Apple Events by
>working with Darryl Caldwell and Kevin Lindsey on a .pm for
>FileMaker Pro.  Over the last couple days I've built a
>script that could prove to be pretty handy for other things.

[snip]

>One other thing.  I'm making a couple of assumptions about
>what MacPerl wants.  I'm new to Apple Events and to
>MacPerl's corresponding modules.  Would you folks who
>actually know this stuff double check my work here?  I've
>only tested it with FileMaker Pro.

Make your life easier and get my aeteconverter script from
<http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/schooley/widgets.html>. Run it over
FileMaker Pro and it will spit out a nicely formatted description of the
events and parameters corresponding to FileMaker's AppleScript dictionary.

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley              | "Success is how high you
Ph.D. in progress              |  bounce after you hit
Georgia Tech Electric Power    |  bottom.
mailto:schooley@ece.gatech.edu |   - General George S. Patton
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/