[MacPerl] error: <FILE> chunk 827

I very often encounter this error when processing a file:

 # Use of uninitialized value, <WEBLOG> chunk 1891.

when the -w switch is on. I thought it is caused by pathological lines in the file that didn't meet expectations, and caused $line to be uninitialized, but this speculation does not seems correct.

Recently, I also encountered this in Linux, where the file to be process is not a weblog and only 20 lines or so.

Printing the above error many times significantly slows down the script, but I don't really want just to shut it up by turning off -w. Any hints?

PS I asked this question before, and thought I understand why,... . (I searched the mailing archive, but for some reason IE come up with blank page)

 Xah, xah@best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/more.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA