Re: [MacPerl] Timeout script

Philippe de Rochambeau writes:
|I am currently looking for a way to log off somebody from a restricted-access
|server after a length of time lasting a few minutes. For instance, once the
|user has typed in his user id and password, a Perl script should let him
|browse through the website's pages for a total of 3 minutes, after which the
|script would disconnect him.

I think in general, such a thing isn't possible. Web server's are stateless--
there's no concept of "logging on, doing stuff, logging off" like there
is for an ftp server, for instance. A web server just gets a request for
a page, serves the page, and that's it. The requester of that page (which
doesn't have to be a human) could sit and stare at the page for an hour
and there's nothing you can do.

Brian