[MacPerl] dialog box for directory

hello,

I'm trying the following code to get a dialog box to choose a folder:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

#use strict;
require "GUSI.ph";
my $dir;

	$dir = MacPerl::Choose(GUSI::AF_FILE, 0, "", "", GUSI::CHOOSE_DIR);

However, it does not work - nothing seems to happen.  This was taken
directory from Shuck "Macintosh specific features".  The pod
documentation stated that this should return the directory path, however
I don't even get a dialog box showing up.  I'm using  MacPerlv5.2.0r4.  I
get compilation errors if I uncomment "use strict".  The message I get in
the MacPerl window is:

# Argument "GUSI::AF_FILE" isn't numeric in entersub.
File 'Untitled'; Line 7
# Argument "GUSI::CHOOSE_DIR" isn't numeric in entersub.
File 'Untitled'; Line 7

Please help!  TIA.

Enrique Terrazas, MD
<mailto:terrazas@labmed.ucsf.edu>