Re: [MacPerl] dialog box for directory

Enrique Terrazas <terrazas@pangloss.ucsf.EDU> writes:
>I'm trying the following code to get a dialog box to choose a folder:
>
>#!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
>#use strict;
>require "GUSI.ph";
>my $dir;
>
>	$dir = MacPerl::Choose(GUSI::AF_FILE, 0, "", "", GUSI::CHOOSE_DIR);
>
>However, it does not work - nothing seems to happen.  This was taken
>directory from Shuck "Macintosh specific features".

Sorry, if the pod says that, it needs to be corrected. Add &'s before the two
instances of GUSI and it should work.

BTW, StandardFile.pl and Mac::StandardFile are two alternatives to directly
calling MacPerl::Choose, and both are to be preferred over Choose.

Matthias

   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_