Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl Web Server test results

Just a note about frames...
  On one web server I had played with, when we tried to use frames we
found that the server wasn't handling multiple requests from the same
client fast enough.  The server in question was not listening for any
incoming requests while it processed the current request.  Our solution
was to beef up the number of simultaneous listening connections, and
that solved the frames problems.

-Carl

In Regards to your letter <35548E06.4AE3@upward-bound.mills.edu>:
:  Nice job on the web server...I definitely see the difference in speed
:  for your cgi's...but couldn't get most of my (big!) cgi's to work...:(  =20
:
:  One additional problem similar to your "too many graphics" issue...my
:  page has frames, and browsers (Netscape 3, MSIE 3) tells me server
:  refused connections...so only one or two out of four html docs show
:  up...
:
:  I did notice one or two things not in your bug reports...
:
:  # Useless use of a constant in void context.
:  File 'daffners:APPLICATIONS:MacPerl =8311.7:lib:IO:File.pm'; Line 159
:
:  ...seems like it didn't like something in my lib....when running
:  5.1.4r4...when I installed 5.2.0r4 this msg didn't appear...(but the
:  "too many items" issue was still a problem!!)
:
:  Is this the expected behavior when the server is compiling? This only
:  happened in the script I defined the variables as "mine"...
:
:  # Variable "$search" will not stay shared.
:  File 'daffners:Desktop
:  Folder:MacPerlWebServer1.0b2.8:Example_Web_Site:cgi-bin:db8.pl'; Line 51
:
:  This is another error msg I got when I called my own simple "print"
:  script...but the script returned the html data correctly...
:
:  # Use of uninitialized value, <GEN59211> chunk 6.
:  File 'daffners:Desktop
:  Folder:MacPerlWebServer1.0b2.8:Example_Web_Site:cgi-bin:daff1.pl';
:
:  I look forward to the features you describe on your todo list...thanks
:  for your efforts and keep up the good work.
:
:  Samuel
:
:  h
:

Carl A Baltrunas <carl@reststop.com> and Cherie Marinelli <2bunnies@1unique.com>
Catalyst Industries: The One-Stop Internet registration and distribution service
-owned by EWBR & EWBR-ette [our house bunnies] and Czazu [our dog]
 Visit them at their hotel at http://www.reststop.com/info/bunny/bunnycam.html