Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and [A]CGI startup time

pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
>At 07.59 1998.05.06, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>>pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) writes:
>>>Have you confirmed with Matthias that it is a MacPerl bug?
>>
>>Yes he has. The current GUSI architecture is indeed unsuited to accepting
>>connectiuons at a high rate (this is only for the listen() side of the
>>connection).
>
>Ah, so it is a GUSI bug, not a MacPerl bug!  Blame the GUSI author!  ;-)

Fat load of good it does for me :-)

>Will GUSI II address this (should it ever escape the lab :-)?

Yes. The MacTCP code in GUSI II has specifically been rewritten to
accept as many outstanding connection requests as the listen parameter
would suggest (which is, surprisingly, roughly the *square* of the numerical
value of the parameter, according to W. R. Stevens).

>About to take some drugs,

Tsktsk. This is a FAMILY mailing list, Sir!

Matthias

  "I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
   they've always worked for me." -- Hunter S. Thompson