Re: [MacPerl] Use of uninitialized value

At 17:17 +0200 5/5/98, Gerald Young wrote:
>when running with the "famous" -w flag, additional warnings appear:
>
>File '<fullpath>'; Line 1486
># Use of uninitialized value.
>
>Some remarks, one request:
>
>The particular asymetric form of this message maybe stems from some MPW
>tool support, as I vaguely remember, thus the File ; Line construct
>without a leading "#". So far so good, just strange looking; but

In MPW...
File is aliased to open; Line is aliased to whatever go to line ... is

(line may not be an alias but the real thing.)

So...if you select the error message pair of lines, and "hit" the poor
enter key, the source will open, with line 1486 highlighted.

[[Thoughts of the car rental lady in one of the Leslie Nielsen commercials
"I'll just punch it up on the computer."]]

>could the message "Use of uninitialized value." PLEASE include the
>variable used?

This would be nice, but it's not Matthias' job (it's part of Perl, and is
Larry's job).

Don't take "job" too literally.  ;-)

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,