Re: [MacPerl] AE Catcher?

>At 07.12 1998.05.06, Peter Hartmann wrote:
>>Chris and others adviced me to use an "AE Catcher" control panel to check
>>on apple events.
>
>Hm.  Did I say AE Catcher?  I use "Capture AE".  If I said differently
>before, I apologize.

>Chris Nandor

Chris: No need to appologize, you were right. This was entirely my fault.
Shouldn't send out mail late at night. I apologize. (And thanks for adding
some real value to my primitive Frontier AE script!)

BTW: I downloaded "Capture AE" and although it prooves extremely useful for
finding out what is going on, there are cases where - for reasons unknown -
its output is distorted (while the AE sent actually works), which renders
it useless as input for Eric Dobbs' script (cf: [MacPerl] convert Capture
AE to MacPerl Apple Event). Look at the following original output:

Process("Netscape Communicatorª").SendAE
"'WWW,'\OU,L{'----':Òhttp://www.abcde.comÓ, INTO:obj {form:name,
want:type(file), seld:ÒMacintosh HD:Desktop Folder:testit.htmlÓ,
from:'null'()}"

here 'WWW, should be WWW!
and '\OU, L should be OURL
The rest, however, is OK.

This does not happen with the "Finder" and some other apps I tested. It
does not matter, of course, if the event is sent from AppleScript or from
MacPerl.
Although an extensions conflict was very unlikely, I checked it and got the
same result. Anyway, since you can get the neccessary information from
aete.converter, this is not a major problem.

Peter Hartmann
Visiting Scholar
Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan
e-mail: