[MacPerl] Mac OS X / Carbon

In article <l03130301b17f9c5c98cd@DialupEudora>, pudge@pobox.com (Chris
Nandor) wrote:

> Many people will continue with Mac OS 7/8
>for years to come.

Yep. Me, for example - I don't think that there will be an option for me
in the next years (I use a PB5300c as my main machine - only alternative
to MacOS so far is MkLinux). Actually I think that the MacOS makes a
perfect GUI for a *ix-Server, and that is what I do: Linux-Server and
MacOS client.

And to get the connection to MacPerl: MacPerl is the perfect tool to
create those client applications that are needed. Especially if I create
yet another small configuration daemon for Linux, I can create the
corresponding client in MacPerl. _This_ is for me the way to go.

Actually to add to your "to be done" list: I would like to see more of the
modules at CPAN for MacPerl. Actually it would be absolutely greate if
some people would be willing to port Perl-Extensions to the Mac like you
did for some modules.

My problem still is that I don't own CW, so I am a bit lost in this
aspect. Ok, if someone would make it possible to use MPW (or to be
correct, MrC) for CPAN.pm, this would be great. Actually I think this
would be a very worthy action: since MPW now is for free, one could use
standard Perl ways to get access to new modules. Only that Makemaker on
MacOS currently uses CW, if I understand it correctly. Right?

bye, Georg

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -0777pi
s/TS:.*?\0/$_=$&;y,a-z, ,;s,   $,true,gm;s, 512,2048,;$_/es