Re: [MacPerl] Q: foreach my($var) ...

The code you sent to the list

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use strict;
my(@array1) = 0..5;
foreach my $some (@array1) {print "$some\n";}
is perfectly good (if a little useless :-) ) Perl 5 code. Your problem is
that you are using perl 4 on the Linux (perl -v will confirm that for you)
and the my form of lexical scoping is new to Perl 5 (on which the current
Macperl is based). Remove the my or (better) upgrade Perl on the Linux box.

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin

UNIX Network Administrator               Ground Systems Engineering
Department
European Space Operations Centre         nobroin@esoc.esa.de
Darmstadt, Germany                 Ph./Fax  +49 6151 90 3619/2179