Re: [MacPerl] Using UNIX style filenames with MacPerl

Gerald Young <yog@adis.at> writes:
>Would it be possible to "teach" MacPerl to directly support the
>UNIX-style file and pathnames when accessing files.

No.

>Is such a feature useful?

No. I won't discuss this anymore, this has been rehashed too often.

>(And how can one simulate the "make; make test; make instal" of the usual
>CPAN package installationsŠ)

This is actually:

 perl Makefile.PL
 make
 make test
 make install

and works already to some extent if you have the compilation environment to
compile MacPerl (yeah, that's a pretty big if).

Matthias

-----
   "These days, though, you have to be pretty technical before you can
    even aspire to crudeness." -- William Gibson, _Johnny Mnemonic_