Re: [MacPerl] Using UNIX style filenames with MacPerl

Matthew Langford <langfml [at] eng [dot] auburn [dot] edu> writes:
>If one has set the "I want to use Unix-style pathnames" switch, internally
>convert Mac folders with embedded /'s to :'s, or some other suitable
>character (a "plus" sign? an underscore? a dash? an em-dash? an en-dash?
>the choice is left as an exercise for the reader).
>
>Or (less desireable) don't support it at all--in other words,
>barf/carp/die if a Mac folder containing "/" or leading dots is found.
>After all, if I've told MacPerl I want to use Unix style pathnames, I'm
>not likely to violate Unix conventions in the folders I run it on.

Well, I have the same offer for you as I have for the newline dissidents: I'll
try to give you every possible technical support for learning to build MacPerl,
but if you want that feature, you'll have to build your own version of MacPerl.

Matthias

 "Neeracher can and no doubt will perform the usual cheerleader duties."
              -- ataylor@nmsu.edu in <ATAYLOR.92Dec8135851@gauss.nmsu.edu>