Re: [MacPerl] Copying files without copying the resource forks

You asked :

> I'd like to copy files without copying the resource forks.
> Can File::Copy do that?

Curiously enough, it can, but only it one particular circumstance - you
must be using small MacPerl (I've never heard it called that, but I mean
the version of Perl which you install before big MacPerl). When File:Copy
is used under that Perl, it does only copy the data fork. For my
application, that was a bug, rather than a feature, but perhaps it's the
solution for you.

OTOH, a simple file copy routine which just reads and writes chunks of
bytes is trivial, and would be a better solution than dumbing down your
Perl installation.

Kindest regards,

Niall  O Broin

UNIX Network Administrator               Ground Systems Engineering
Department
European Space Operations Centre         nobroin@esoc.esa.de
Darmstadt, Germany                 Ph./Fax  +49 6151 90 3619/2179