[MacPerl] libwww-perl, autoloader

I'm having trouble with a script I wrote using the LWP::UserAgent module -
the agents I create never get to do their thing because the script hangs.
When I stop the script, the autoloader module comes up with the following
line highlighted:

    eval {require $name};

I wrote the code right out of the cookbook included with the LWP module,
and I've had no other problems using it. Has anyone else had similar
trouble? Is this an installation problem with the module, or a bug in the
port of LibWWW to MacPerl?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

take care,
Justin