Re: [MacPerl] Encryption

> Carl Johan Berglund wrote:
> > Is there some support for SSL (secure socket layer) for Perl
> > around, or do you know some other encryption engine for Perl?

There is an SSLeay module, which is an independent (but compatible)
implementation of SSL v3.

It may require that you download the
(C-based) SSLeay source at
http://www.psy.uq.edu.au/~ftp/Crypto/ssleay/
and since you aren't in the US, it's legal to use.  (little twist...)

I've gotten the SSLeay libraries to compile under CodeWarrior, but there
are definitely some porting issues; probably GUSI would get involved
somewhere.

Encryption is never as easy as it should be right now.  :)

--
MattLangford