[MacPerl] MacPerl publicity, c/o the Carbon Dater...

One of the many lists I get contained the following snippet:

  ============================
  The RhapsodyOS Report
  Issue #17 / 24 May 1998
  ============================

  The RhapsodyOS Report is a free weekly summary of Rhapsody, MacOS X,
  and Yellow Box news, software releases, rumors, Internet resources
  and related topics compiled by Raven Zachary <raven@rinzai.com>.

  SUBSCRIBE TO THE EMAIL VERSION TODAY! Many of you access The
  RhapsodyOS Report every week via the web and newsgroups. Subscribe
  to the email version and have it automatically delivered to you
  hours earlier. To subscribe, email <rhapsodyos-report
  request@thenerve.com>. Please include the word subscribe in the
  subject of the message.
  APPLE RELEASES CARBON DATER. Apple has released the Carbon Dater tool
  to assist MacOS developers in determining the portability of their
  applications to the Carbon APIs. Carbon Dater v1.2 is available for
  download at <http://developer.apple.com/macosx/dater.html>.

Following the link, I pulled down the Carbon Dater.  As I had hoped,
Matt Morse had put in a nice note about MacPerl:

  The Carbon Dater performs a static analysis of compiled PowerPC code.
  It uses MPW tools (including DumpPEF) running under ToolServer to
  extract information from PEF containers. It uses MacPerl scripts to
  perform both client and server-side analysis and to generate the
  Carbon compatibility report (including a pie chart like the one
  shown above) that is returned to you. For more information about
  MacPerl, see the MacPerl Pages (http://www.ptf.com/macperl).

All in all, a very nice bit of publicity for MacPerl!  (If Matt can
find some time to write up the Dater for MacTech, we'll *really* get
some attention! :-)

-r

Rich Morin, Canta Forda Computer Laboratory | Prime Time Freeware - quality
  UNIX consulting, training, and writing    | freeware at affordable prices
  P.O. Box 1488, Pacifica, CA, 94044, USA   | www.ptf.com      info@ptf.com
  rdm@cfcl.com            +1 650-873-7841   | +1 408-433-9662   -0727 (Fax)