Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and BinHex

On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 05:39:02PM -0700, Dick Karpinski wrote:
} Can anybody point me to existing Perl code to highlight small differences
} in binary files?  I'm also interested in examining system files and even
} applications that have appeared to suffer bit rot on disk.  My theory is
} that with a lot of cases, some patterns of damage will emerge and cause
} us to become enlightened about the nature of the problems.

There's a nice freebie in Info-Mac called ResCompare.  In spite of
it's name, it now does data forks as well.  It can be used to show the
differences between binary files.  It's not Perl, but it does the job.

}
} Dick