Re: [MacPerl] Mac::InternetConfig

At 1:07 PM +0000 6/7/98, Jeremy Lee wrote:
>I am a new user of MacPerl as well, and have started learning how to
>interpret the Shuck documents from a few of the posts here.  Even though
>they are supposed to be help documents, they are still really cryptic-
>not giving any examples of how to use them, but only listing components.
>
>A question for you all:  What module/ commands can I use to examine a
>sound file and find out: # of channels, sample rate, duration.  I found
>some things that might be useful in both the Sound and Quicktime modules,
>but can't understand the Pod documentation of either one.

One good way to find out is to check out the relevant books in the Inside
Macintosh series at the http://www.apple.com/developer/ web site.  They are
downloadable via FTP in PDF format.  Check out the QuickTime and Sound
volumes.  The functions used in the MacPerl toolbox modules are the same as
the ones used in the Mac OS toolbox, and the modules and module docs
presuppose that you have access to those books.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
MacPerl: Power and Ease (ISBN 1881957322), http://www.ptf.com/macperl/

--
Chris Nandor                 pudge@pobox.com                 http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'08 24 09 0B CE 73 CA 10  1F F7 7F 13 81 80 B6 B6'])