Re: [MacPerl] SYSOPEN

At 13:09 Uhr -0500 12.06.1998, Mark Manning/Simulacron I wrote:
>O_RDWR and O_CREAT are from C.  Under Unix (and probably other OSs too)
>there are certain commands which you can use to read from, write to, or
>append information onto files.  On the Silicon Graphics Inc. (SGI)
>computers using SGI's Unix variant you have:
>

>     O_RDONLY
>            Open for reading only.

[snip]

Thanks for this valuable info. Although this is not MacPerl specific, this
is something you cannot very easily ask on the Perl mailing list, since
people there generally have a UNIX background, which many MacPerlers, I
think, don't. Most important for me was, to learn that I can look this up
in a C-handbook.

Peter Hartmann
Visiting Scholar
Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan