Re: [MacPerl] File reading ?'s

I figured out a part of my problem by doing this:

----
$file = "Super Duo:Sound:Test sound:SD2mono22050/8bit";

open (INFILE, $file) or die "Cannot open file";

$sp = FSpOpenResFile(INFILE,1); #Read only
----

but I still can't figure out how to get the resources themselves into a
variable.  Can anyone help more?

Thanks,

Jeremy

on 6/10/98 3:29 PM , I  wrote:

>I was trying to use the Mac::Resources package.  I told it to do this:
>
>($file = &MacPerl::Choose(&GUSI'AF_FILE,0,"File 1")) or die;
>
>$sp = FSpOpenResFile($file);
>

>and got the error message:
>
># Usage: Mac::Resources::FSpOpenResFile(spec, permission).

Jeremy Lee                     |   Owner-
Sound Designer/Technician      |   Madrone Ridge Sound Design
Oregon Shakespeare Festival    |   Sound for Multimedia

                 http://www.ashland.net/madrone
"Is it not strange that sheeps' guts should hale souls out of men's
bodies?"
        -  Wm. Shakespeare

"The mime sang:"  - Alfred Jarry