[MacPerl] quitting MacPerl after droplet

In spite of my newbie status WRT Perl, I think I'll skip the customary
lurking period. I have not found the answer to the following question by
searching the MacPerl list archive.

When I run a droplet, the MacPerl program is still running in the
background, until I quit it manually. Is there a way to automate this?
There is nothing obvious in the prefs for MacPerl.

I'd like to deploy some scripts at the office to be used by
non-power-users, but I'd prefer it to be more transparent. I could wrap the
whole affair in a tiny AppleScript, of course, but that seems like a
kludge.

I think there's a way to send a "quit" Apple event from a Perl script, but
I'm not sure how--and it does not seem logical that I should be able to
quit the interpreter itself from within a script anyhow.

Perhaps this can only be achieved by saving as a runtime?

Thanks in advance. Jason