Re: [MacPerl] We're all Macperlers on this bus...

Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com> writes:
>At 23:14 +0200 98/06/15, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>> digests of the discussion lists. However, I'm not overly enthusiastic
>> about simply creating a parallel list.
>
>Neither am I, if it comes to that.

Same also applies, IMHO, to creating a list trying to distinguish itself by
"level" of participants (i.e. -wizards). I don't think that will work.

>> What I *could* imagine is a split along the lines of:
>
>I'd like to suggest one more:
>
>   mac-perl-xplatform to discuss specifically cross-platform and porting
>       issues (the kind you know don't run or don't fail on one platform
>       or the other)

I'm not sure if this is sufficiently different from the scope of mac-perl to
warrant a new list. Another idea I had yesterday was

 mac-perl-www for CGIs, HTML processing & so on, which has certainly the
   traffic for a separate list.

Matthias

    "Let's make that big, evil *canadian* rabbits... on crack!" -- _Suck_