Re: FW: [MacPerl] DB_File and odd behaivor

"Paul Schaap" <paul_schaap@yes.optus.com.au> writes

> I get the same behaviour on my internal IDE (HFS format), however it doesn't
> occur on my second internal SCSI drive (HFS+ format). On another G3 with a
> 2.9Gb HFS+ partition it works perfectly. Im guessing here but I think this
> problem w ould occur on any >2Gb HFS partitioned disk. Maybe its time to go
> HFS+ ??

Hmm, in that case, I think I know what's wrong with DB_File: It won't work
reliably on file systems where the logical block size is not a power of 2. I
thought I had fixed that bug a few releases ago, but apparently it hs
resurfaced.

HFS+ indeed fixes that problem, as block sizes there are always a power of 2.

Matthias

   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground